Explore Beyond a Cheesy layout

Today I'm showing you a cool technique with a stencil to add a little more of a grungy feel to your masculine layouts.  I never like all the elements to be grungy as I feel the mix of crisp and clean can often make the perfect contrast.  So I thought what better than some Spellbinders die cuts to break it up.  I find the crispness of the die cutting with the embossing line really finishes off the elements you might add to a page.  There are SO many beautiful dies that can create those accents to your layout like the 'stars', ‘tab’ & ‘scalloped circle’ I teamed up together with this grungy background. 

I couldn't resist using these dies when creating one of the additional layouts to my Scrappy Chat Designs Premier kits and so I thought I would share it as part of this post to give you a sneak into the type of layouts you would learn to create. 


I really love the corrugated cardstock by Fancy Pants Designs, as they are so cool to work with and add a fantastic element to pages. 

Spellbinders ‘Stars five’ would have to be one of my favourite dies and I love to add some pretty cool dimension with them using Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots. 

Check out this little technique video to see the background comes together and watch how I add the stars to my layout giving to give them some real height without unsightly foam tape. 



Products used:
Spellbinders Grand Callibur Machine
LF-124 Grand Scallop Circles
S4-092 Stars Five
S5-052 Creative Page tabs
Fancy Pants Designs - Park Bench Collection
Bazzill Basics cardstock - Black
Texture Paste
Dylusions Sprays - Turquoise & Black
Misc Washi Tape
Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots
Helmar 450 Quick Dry
Helmar Professional Acid Free
Misc old book paper


I hope you have enjoyed my share today and if you have come on over from the Spellbinders Explore Beyond site, have a view through my blog and you will see lots more Spellbinders inspiration.



2 comments:

  1. HI Bec! I loved watching your layout come together! how cute and love the corrugated card back ground with the texture paste!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment it is ALWAYS appreciated :)