Scrap Around the World

Ok, so I secretly challenged myself to enter in a challenge a month this year as I really enjoy the challenge they set me and help me to get out of my comfort zone and try something new or take a new direction.  Well this month I have REALLY challenged myself with my first real Art Journal page!

I was so inspired by the challenge over at Scrap Around the world that I knew that this month that was the challenge I wanted to complete.  I guess not much goes to plan having one boy home the last two weeks on his own who LOVES to chat... I call him Sir Chat-a-lot.  I think I have REALLY taken for granted how well my boys play together and allow me time to get things done around the house and for my work.  There was a number of trips into the city also which didn't help for appointments and also a seminar I wanted to attend.  So I ran behind on some things this week.... ANYWAY... I digress!

So the challenge! I haven't played along with Scrap Around the World before - just always run out of time, but here I am today sharing my take on the challenge.


Products used:
The Crafter's Workshop Stencils - Tattered Lace, Albanbra and Coffee Splotch
Spellbinders Captivating Squares
Tinby Designs Metallic Melts - Lagoon
Manor House Flowers
DecoArt media Modeling Paste
Faber-Castell Gelatos in Champagne Gold and Pink
Distress ink - Tattered rose
White Cardstock
Kaisercraft pattern paper
chipboard border - can't remember the brand - had it a LONG time
Twiddleybitz Custom chipboard circle
Doiley
Mesh tape
Cotton
Pattern paper scraps
Watercolours
Prima - say it in pearls rhinestones

The challenge is to be inspired by the mood board in any way.  Here is the mood board and you can click on the picture to be taken to the challenge :)





I was inspired by a number of features in this board:

  • The ornate frames
  • The colour tones (although I added a little more blue in)
  • The natural wood feel - the words actually came of paper with a wood background
  • The roses/flowers
  • And the clock being my inspiration for the words on my page and the circles.
I have to admit I have never really 'Art Journalled' as I experiment so much on my layout backgrounds so I never felt the need.... I have sure learnt from this experience in probably what is an important part of this process 'the words' and to take inspiration from them.  I will sure do this as it is these words I'm trying to build more into my everyday life.

You can check out  a tutorial of the stencilling on this page over at The Crafter's Workshop blog including the stencilling on the circle frame where I took lots of inspiration from the mood board for this... truth is I tinkered with it after that post as I felt it needed a little more, but it is only a slight change to the embellishments.  Check out the post here

I am going to leave you with some up close detail pictures of my page for you to enjoy!  






The challenges are fantastic for inspiration and there is SO much talent over at this site to inspire everyone.  Why not have a go!  

Now I'm off to have a look at all the diving entries!  Just under 200 of them!  Just shows you how popular this site is and all the inspiration over there!

Happy Crafting!

xxxBeck

15 comments:

  1. Stunning! I love the design and colours!
    Thank you for joining at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh THANKS for the comment Karita! there is SO many entries - really appreciate the time it takes to leave comments xxx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful art journal! Thank you for joining the SATW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And thanks for taking the time to comment xxx

      Delete
  3. truly beautiful work! thank you for playing along with us at scrap around the world xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandra! And thank-you for taking the time to comment xxx

      Delete
  4. Really beautiful project! Thanks so much for inspiring us at Scrap Around the World!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Hera! Loved creating with this month's challenge! Thanks for taking the time to comment xxx

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous Beck! I'm so happy you joined us at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! it was such an inspiring board that I didn't want to miss! Thanks for taking the time to comment xxx

      Delete
  6. Wow Beck - an art journal page! You sure nailed it! Thanks for joining in at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Art Journal page! I love the composition of it and the great colors! Well done! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ROCKED IT BABE!!!! thank you for joining us at SATW xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment it is ALWAYS appreciated :)