My Master's journey the second installment

Here I am back again with the next installment of my Scrapbooking Memories Master's winning competition entries.

I thought I would show you my canvas next as I think I love it as it has my whole family included on it.  The brief was to create a 12 x 12 canvas full of texture using various things such as fabric etc.  So I decided to turn my canvas around and create one in the back of it.  You wouldn't think you would get so many photos inside the reverse of a 12 x 12 canvas, but I did with some only being about 1cm square!  I think that is what I love most about it... there are heaps of different memories in this one project.
The main of the inspiration for this came from a frame collage I did on our hallway wall with photos of all of us.  I have a beautiful word in the middle and I wanted to create something that was similar for my Scrapbooking room which is also my office and our family area... yes it is a busy room lol

I went about starting creating texture as stated in the brief... the first one went a little too far with this, so I scrapped that one and started again.  Wtih the fresh new one I added layers and layers of texture from canvas, to cardstock, stamping, stencilling, texture paste, paint, crackle, metallic rub, more stamping, inking paint, and old book paper around the outside.

In the inside I wanted to give a 'floating' effect to all the frames and the word and I did this with some gauze that had been soaked in fabric stiffener and allowed it to dry.  I hadn't really figured how I was going to suspend everything, but this really made it a whole lot easier.  I did still go through a WHOLE tube of Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots in creating the project no real shock to my followers I'm sure!  I love the finishing touches the Twiddleybitz and Scrapware chipboard added to the finished project as well.


It is one of those, need to see in real life projects, but hopefully you can see some of the detail in what I created.  It is now hanging proudly in my Scrap Room!

I will be back before you know it with the next installment!


9 comments:

  1. You are so talented Beck!! They are all gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic my good woman!!!! so cleverly done, and a brilliant idea reversing the canvas xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, and I am soo glad I got to see them in real life because you just don't see all the texture in these photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AMAZING!!!! The detail is just beautiful. No wonder you are a Scrapbooking Memories Master!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A splendid way to showcase your photos...beautiful texture and framing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful project and love the different textures and techniques! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the lovely comments everyone! Will get back to sharing the other half REAL SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looooooooooove this piece so much!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment it is ALWAYS appreciated :)