Blog hop with a difference

So today's post is one that is a little difference and has taken me a little long than it was meant to, to get up live, but I'm always a it of a better late than never person so here it is!

I was asked to take part in this by one of the most beautiful people you would meet that I get to call my friend!  Her name is Tiff Firth and she is seriously the most amazing blogger, I could only dream to blog a little as much as she does.  So the first part of this blog hop is to head on over to her blog and check it out. You are sure to admire her, her amazing photography and stunning layouts!  

Tiff's blog:  http://fluffingaround.blogspot.com.au/

Ok, so in this blog hop you get to know a little more about me (well I hope :D)

What am I working on at the moment:  Ok, so unfortunately I can't show any pictures but I am playing with the new summer release CHA for Spellbinders.  Oh there is so many amazing dies being released, I think the hardest part is not being able to share!  

I have also just finished a layout and video for The Crafter's workshop that I CAN share as it has just gone live on the blog :D  
I had lots of fun creating this layout and I even have  video to share on how I created the background for this layout.  
Check out the blog post here to see a full list of the stencils used as well as how the start of the background came together with step out pictures HERE

How long does it take to create a layout:
This depends so much on what I decide to create but mainly a deadline.  I work strongly to my deadlines and I definitely work best under pressure.  Last week I saw this having just 50 minutes in which to create a layout, photograph, edit the picture, add it to a blog post and then link it to get it in on time for a challenge.  I actually had not bother weather it won or not, for me it is more my own silly goals to see if I could get it done.  I'm funny like that, love a challenge and this one I set myself.  It was funny as all I had done was the stencilled background and although I was unwell that day I kept looking at it thinking... I really just want to get that last one done, it ate at me so I pushed myself and got it done.  
On the other side a layout can take me weeks as well through procrastinating!  

My Favourite things to create with:

Oh this would be so easy as you see all of these on most layouts I create!  

Faber-Castell Gelatos, The Crafters workshop stencils (reverse chickenwire probably my most used) and Spellbinders dies or other products... Gold Majesty circles still one of my ultimate favs!  

oh and I must add my Metallic melts that I am having so much fun with lately and Faber-Castell whipped spackle to that list as I just adore it as the ultimate texture paste.

How does my creating process work - 
If I am creating a layout for myself with not having to go anywhere it would usually start with an idea of something I would like to try or a photo that is inspiring the process.  Then I work out what I might like to use and set about creating a little 

How do I become and stay inspired - usually this is through new products that I get a chance to have a play with as I don't really get enough time to surf for inspiration, but if I'm really stuck I look though my ideas book for something I have jotted down that I would like to try.  When I have had some time to watch some videos or surf blogs I get inspired as well.  

What is my signature style
I can't say I have a stand out style, other than my work generally has a more modern feel.  Most of the time it is mixed media based but sometimes clean and simple too.  I do love to layer but with more than just the paper, with the background as well.  I am also well known for my more masculine layouts having only boys.

I hope you have enjoyed getting to know me a little more!

xxxBeck





12 comments:

  1. Beck, this is probably my favourite layout of yours I've ever seen. All the colours work so beautifully - love teal and gold together now! And the title is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so watching that video on your bubble creation on the layout. Its stunning.

    Thanks chook for joining the blog hop. You've done great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome Beck and Tiff is one of my favourite places to go visit... so talented the pair of you nx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beck. Love the Tranquility layout, perfect title : ) It is so nice to get to know you a bit more. Thanks for sharing. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your work is gorgeous, lovely colours and textures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bec, so nice to read a bit more about you! Loved the video and love what you create too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beck, I really enjoyed reading your post and learning a bit more about you and your scrapping....Loved your video and watching you create...you make it all look so easy! Your work is Gorgeous!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comments. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love , love what you did on this page, so unique

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors, depth and textures of this project. And thank you for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely LO. Was directed here by Spellbinders. Perused back through 6/15/2014. Really liked what I saw. Can't wait to see what you do in their upcoming reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOTS OF INTEREST AND TEXTURE HERE, FAB

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and so inspiring, thank you for your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment it is ALWAYS appreciated :)